Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC not exporting from M1 Mac

Sam_at_SDA
Participant

Hi Everyone, 
I have an issue that I cannot figure out and I would love some help with. I think it is a driver problem, but I don't know how to fix it.  Is there a driver that can be downloaded for IFCs?  

Im working as the bim dude in an office with about 40 Archicad users, half of which cannot publish IFCs.   We can have multiple users in a teamwork file, and only half of them can publish from that file.  We are using Archicad 24 AUS on mac M1 chips.  I have set up the publisher sets so the IFC files go to the correct location on the server.  We are all using the same OS system and server address, so that shouldn't be an issue.  The Archicad and IFC files are not very big at all.  (AC is usually less than 1 GB, and the IFCs are usually about 80mb).   The translators themselves were messed up (deleted), and I have fixed these in the template. 

I would love some hints if anyone has some suggestions. 

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

IFC export/publishing is handled by a standard add-on included in the installed package.  There is nothing more to download.  I've not seen this issue reported here by anyone else - so suggest you contact technical support.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

IFC export/publishing is handled by a standard add-on included in the installed package.  There is nothing more to download.  I've not seen this issue reported here by anyone else - so suggest you contact technical support.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you Karl.