BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFCXML -which xsd schema is Archicad using?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on an application that could handle ifcxml content (using Microsoft .NET C#).
I am using xsd schema from http://www.iai-tech.org/ifcXML/IFC2x3/FINAL IFC2X3.xsd for early binding and to convert xml content to internal clases.

When deserializing files exported from Archicad I get errors like "there is an error in xml line 2" or "unsupported type". I tried also with the help of other libraries (like open source ifcdotnet) - same thing.

After analysing Archicad ifcxml files, I noticed that the namespace is not the same as in iai-tech, thus probably this is the same thing (?) (namespace in ian-tech is "xmlns:ex="urn:iso.org:standard:10303:part(28):version(2):xmlschema:common" in Archicad there is <doc:iso_10303_28 xmlns:doc="urn:oid:1.0.10303.28.2.1.3" > ...).

But then again there are some data types in Arhicad files that are slightly different from the specification and cause deserialization to fail (for example Archicad is using integer-wrapper inside element RefLongitude, while in xsd there is only long-wrapper).

So my question is where to find exact xsd schema used by Archicad or just to give me some other tip how to deserialize Archicad generated ifcxml files (since I would not like to parse those files manually)?
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!