BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IRhino

Anonymous
Not applicable
A client has a project object designed on IRhino. This is the first I've heard of this product it is apparently on Ipads mainly and only on the cloud. Has anyone else heard of this product and are the objects in IRhino importable as an object into Archicad. Maybe this is a question for IRhino but I thought I'd check here first?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
We know that it is possible to bring stuff from Rhino into ArchiCAD through IFC:

http://geometrygym.blogspot.hu/2012/08/gh-to-archicad-openbim-ifc.html

So I am thinking it may be possible to open that iRhino file in Rhino and save it as IFC with that plugin.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the help and the link I'll give that a try

mac 10.8.5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AC 4.1 to AC 17
stefan
Expert
If it is a 3DM file, you can convert if directly with Rhino (not iRhino) into OBJ or 3DS that can be imported into ArchiCAD.

iRhino is the iPad viewer for 3DM files from McNeel.

If you are on Mac, currently the beta-version of Rhino for OSX can be used freely and is quite complete, so you are able to do the conversion.
If you are on Windows, the trial from Rhino is save-enabled for 25 times, so you could use that to test the conversion a few times.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!