BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import of IFC model from Tekla

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Can anyone help me with this, when I import IFC file from Tecla I get this message. Can it be something wrong with IFC file or in the ArchiCAD?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It says right there, open the File>Info>Session Report Window and hopefully it will give you some more details about which elements were not imported, and hopefully what was the reason why they were not imported.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Session Report IFC says this, anything you can get out of this? The model consists of many similar columns and beams, but only import some of them.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, it does not seem to show any information specifically about why those elements were not imported.
You could also try to open the IFC file in an IFC Viewer like Solibri Model Viewer, and see if that application brings in those elements. This step can help figure out if there is a problem with the IFC export from Tekla (in which case Solibri will not bring in the elements either), or it is an import problem in ARCHICAD (in case Solibri imports them but ARCHICAD doesn't).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!