Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing Revit IFC in ArchiCAD, elements translated as object.

ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
A Lot of elements converted as object after importing from Revit IFC. I need all elements in same properties like Wall, door, window, roof and curtain wall. I think there is some geometry translation issue. Please see screenshot.
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
When you merge the IFC files you will see a 'Settings' button.
This will allow you to choose an appropriate IFC translator.
You need to choose a translator that does not convert the geometry to objects.
You can also create your own translators with the settings you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
Hi Barry,
Thank you for reply. Have you any related video? That might help to do same.
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
From your signature, I assume you are using Archicad 22.
This is controlled by an IFC Translator setting: depending on the setting, elements in the IFC file will be converted to their native ARCHICAD equivalent, to Objects, or to Morphs.

Go to the "File > Interoperability > IFC > IFC Translators" Dialog. Select a Translator in the "Translators for Import" list on the left and click the ... button to the right of the "Geometry Conversion" field.
The "Building Elements" field controls how elements are converted during import. Make sure it is set to the first or second option, in which case Archicad will convert all IFC elements to their native ARCHICAD equivalent whenever possible.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Gurus!
I'm new in ArchiCAD, about a month, and may don't understand this software due to experince with it. Recently I exported *.rvt file and converted it to *.IFC file. When I opened it in ArchiCAD I found missing elevations, colors and all sheets. 3D view is looking good but i cannot make any changes on it due to kind of lock which popsups everytime when I highlight wall or window. Any idea how to correct it or I made some mistakes during convertion *.rvt - *.ifc?
Your advice and direction will be very help full for me. Thanks.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a few screenshots that illustrate the exact nature of the problem?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27