Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Layer names from binded Xref not showing

maurotrotta
Booster

I have binded 3 xref from the same building into 3 different stories in archicad. I need to group some of the layers but the names appear to be incomplete when I click on the layer list. It show me only the first character. But when I hover or click on any line, then I can see the entire name of the layer. How can I get the entire name?

layer name_lost.jpg

layer name_hover.jpg

  

5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

A guess: Try clicking the "List" icon in the top right corner, which will list all Layers like it used to in previous versions. See if that works. If not, then it may be a bug.

By the way: why do you bind your XREFs to your Project file? It will pollute your attribute set with all the fills, line types and layers from the DWG/DXF file.

The recommended way of incorporating DWG/DXF files into Projects is to place them using the Drawing tool. The attributes of the DWG/DXF file will exist only within that Drawing and will not pollute the Project file.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
maurotrotta
Booster

I click on the list view and I can see the layers with just a number in their name.

About why did I bind the xref, is because I need the colors from the CAD file and that was missing when I place the drawing method. I use then an xref and then bind it, so it brings the CAD color palette and also the layers, so I can organize  what are the cad layers and what are the layers we are going to use.

List view.JPG

When you place a DWG with the Drawing tool, it will bring in the Pen Set (and colors) of the DWG file, so you do not have to use XREF for that either.

Nevertheless, this looks like a bug so I will forward it to Graphisoft.

DWG_PlaceAsDrawing-PenSets.png

sdeisher
Contributor

Reaching out to say I have the same problem; layer names are not listing properly but hovering the mouse over attached DWGs reveals that the information is in the file.

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Back in February, I have reported it to GS, so the developers know about it. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.