BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

List Schemes and page size

Craig Bagley
Contributor
AC11/U.S. problem (perhaps later versions as well):

I created duplicates of two List Schemes: Element List Set and Component List Set. I duplicated the corresponding Graphic Template Layouts ("General element list" and "Component list by keys"), to change some of the formatting.

I'm trying to get a longer page before the Lists introduce a page break. So I go to Format Assistant>Layout>Height, and change the number.

No matter what I do, the page always breaks at the original default setting. It looks like the Lists were created to fit on 8 1/2 x 11 (landscape), and I can't get the page break to change in response to my editing.

Other default graphic schedules (like the door and window schedules) respond to such editing. Am I missing something?
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Very interesting, Craig. I never noticed that before. Doing a Preview of the graphic template in Format Assitant shows the a crazy tall page height that I specified there for paper size "Custom".

But, even though the Set Up List Schemes shows that template associated with the Element List Set copy, I the generated sheet is back to letter (or maybe A1) size.

I played around with the Fields tab in Format Assistant and tried each of the various format buttons. No clue which one changed things, but afterwards, I got the very tall sheet that I should have gotten when I generated the list.

My sense over the years has been that either (a) nobody uses these features from the old Calculate menu, or (b) anyone who uses them does not participate on ac-talk. I cannot recall a single conversation where someone was trying to customize a graphic list scheme, even in the old escribe chat list that predates this forum.

Good luck,
Karl

PS For anyone reading for whom this all sounds like Greek - this concerns the Calculate database / features that were introduced in ArchiCAD 6.0 (or 6.5) - and have not been changed since. The entire Calculate menu does not appear in the standard work environment and has to be added to access the various commands. For almost all users, the interactive element and component schedules will satisfy your typical needs.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Craig Bagley
Contributor
Karl wrote:
I played around with the Fields tab in Format Assistant and tried each of the various format buttons. No clue which one changed things, but afterwards, I got the very tall sheet that I should have gotten when I generated the list.
I couldn't duplicate your result. I could get the tall sheet to "Preview", but the actual List always remains the smaller size, no matter which format buttons I click. Perhaps it's AC11 vs. a later version; Perhaps it's the wrong combination of buttons I'm clicking. Time to move on.

Thanks, Karl, for your time and attention.
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome, Craig. )I was doing this in 11 so that I would see what you saw. Just seems pretty flakey.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!