BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Managing Components/Properties in Calculation Menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having trouble with the new components I have created in the database. I have created about 5 new ones. Every time I try to create a basic list, Archicad crashes. I have copied this file “AC_13_US_COMP.txt” into another computer replacing the old components with our new ones and it still crashes. However when I use the original component text file it doesn’t crash, but says the components are missing. There is something wrong with the new components I have created but I can’t figure out what it is.

Also is there an easier way to keep every ones Database file up to date when someone creates a new component besides copying and pasting the text file into there C drive?

I have also had a problem with creating “new properties”. If you save the property with a name that is too long it just won’t work. The naming convention can’t be longer than a certain amount of characters for it to work properly. Is this an old problem or has it been fixed in the new hotfixes?

Our computers are working with Archicad 13, no updates/hotfixes installed...only because teamwork does not work after the hotfixes.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Updating to the newest hotfix fixed the crashing problem woohoo 🙂
Karl Ottenstein
trbopwr79 wrote:
Also is there an easier way to keep every ones Database file up to date when someone creates a new component besides copying and pasting the text file into there C drive?
The database is loaded as part of the library. The easiest solution for a custom database is to locate just the database on your server and to have everyone load it from there for solo projects. Alternatively, use a free synch program.

If you are running TW (which you say you are), then the database is part of the server library anyway - and will be cached on everyone's local machine when they link to the complete server library. To avoid forcing every team mate to re-download the server library - here, too, split off the "List Templates 13" folder from the rest of the library so that you are only updating that folder structure...

Just a few of many possible ways about it...

Cheers,
Karl

PS You must keep up-to-date with the hotfixes. Your comment about TW not working after a hotfix is only because you must not have updated your BIM Server - all components must be updated to the same build to function.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!