Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MaxonForm: Anyone using it?

Erika Epstein
Booster
In the USA they are offering a discount on MaxonForm with a subscription. There has been little talk about this add-on, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using it.

If so could you share your experiences please?

thanks,
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
2 REPLIES 2
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
It is a good product - something like Cinema 4D Lite. You could upgrade it to full version if you need. MaxonForm has only modeling features (no rendering and animation) with good connection to Archicad by special add-on (to v. 9 and 10).
Simple problem is that this product is new - user community and support is rather weak now. Many information you'll find from C4D materials or community (forums, tutorials etc).
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that you could actually model in any software that has good communication with MaxonForm if you don't know Cinema and know some other software. Either way in my opinion it was mistake to connect that kind of bridge with just one software, especially that not everyone is using Cinema and not everyone have time to learn it.
My idea is this:
1. Develop much better 3ds/obj/ACIS/put your own import, with much better control on materials, face smoothing, edge visibility (inherit original is the best),
2. Develop Modeling/Massing (aka Revit) tools within AC and give option to:
a) using pln files as library objects (maybe some simplified file format, maybe not)
b) give possibility to add parameters to the objects (in the hotspot fashion from GDL)

I think that's it for now. Hmmm... looks like this one could go to Wishes.