Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

May 8 Webinar: Scanning with Canvas (IOS) to create As-Builts

Karl Ottenstein

https://graphisoft.com/us/events/scanning-with-canvas-webinar

"Join Chris Clark (BIM6x) and the Canvas team for a webinar to learn more about using 3D scanning to create native, design-ready, and editable Archicad as-builts so that you can focus on reimagining the space, instead of recreating it in Archicad."

"Canvas is an iOS app that runs on iPhone Pros (12 and newer) and iPad Pros (2020 and newer). It scans rooms in seconds and entire homes in minutes and automatically generates native, editable Archicad files in as little as a day.

"Remodeling projects typically start with hours of tedious measuring and modeling of an existing space – a process eliminated with Canvas!"

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
1 REPLY 1
mthd
Ace

Yes it always good to save some time but there are limitation with cost for ordering a 3D model and taking external images. It looks like the model is converted into a 3D SU model from this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWACqA0CrM4

Still it would be good to see this webinar to see how Archicad is involved in the process. I can’t watch it live because it is at 3am in my time zone.

Edited: Saw the webinar and they do provide the model in native Archicad format and others including Chief Architect.

For me, If I have to go visit the site to scan it all, I might as well measure up and model it in the office myself. There claims on accuracy is based on the quality of the scan not on the actual BIM. They wouldn’t even close to the level required for construction purposes. Those that do the modeling are not BIM professionals or Architects like most of us are.

Not bagging it but the technology is not quite there for BIM purposes. Maybe if you could X-ray the building for it’s actual structure then it would be more useful for us and the engineers involved.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!