Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

OBJECTS SIZE IS NOT EDITABLE IN SCHEDULES/ ELEMENTS SCHEME in ARCHICAD 21,

levonarsh
Contributor
In previous versions it was not a problem to edit all dimensions of the objects in schedules/ elements scheme . In Archicad 21, I tried to change the height of an object, ( as I have done it all the time in previous versions ) but it is not editable now, while the other 2 sizes are still editable. I need this option very often. Why is it changed, or it is simply a bug ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,
I looked at the files today and found that its is probably a bug, probably there is a bug in how the parameters affecting the height of the object are generated during the SketchUp file import.
I have looked at both the AC20 file and the AC21 file, and what is curious is that the bug appears in both cases in the generated GDL objects. However, only AC21 responds to this by not allowing you to edit the Height value in the schedule. I don't know if AC21 is not as forgiving or the schedule is not working properly, this is something for the developers to figure out.
In any case, I will report this to GRAPHISOFT.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is hard to tell without actually seeing the Object's script. But my guess is that the Object is not scripted properly. I just checked a default ARCHICAD Library Part, like the Armchair, and all 3 main parameters (Width, Length, Height) can be edited in the schedule.
levonarsh
Contributor
But when I saved the file to version 20, I could edit it in ArchiCad 20. It is ArchiCAD 21 issue. The objects are imported from Sketchup.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you upload the AC20 and AC21 versions of the file in a ZIP file so I could take a look at it?
Or put on Dropbox or similar if it is too large.
levonarsh
Contributor
Yes of course. Thank you for attention.
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,
I looked at the files today and found that its is probably a bug, probably there is a bug in how the parameters affecting the height of the object are generated during the SketchUp file import.
I have looked at both the AC20 file and the AC21 file, and what is curious is that the bug appears in both cases in the generated GDL objects. However, only AC21 responds to this by not allowing you to edit the Height value in the schedule. I don't know if AC21 is not as forgiving or the schedule is not working properly, this is something for the developers to figure out.
In any case, I will report this to GRAPHISOFT.
levonarsh
Contributor
Thank you. I hope they will solve this.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I got into contact with the guys at GRAPHISOFT and they called my attention to something.
I attach 2 screenshots.
If I use AC20 to import a SketchUp file, the resulting GDL Object will have the parameters you see on the first screenshot.
However, the GDL Objects you have problems with have the parameters you see on the second screenshot.
These parameter are very different so their conclusion is that these GDL Objects were not created by importing SketchUp files.
Is it possible they were created or brought into ARCHICAD in some other way?
levonarsh
Contributor
This objects are imported into Archicad 11 via Graphisoft sketchup file importer ( which was discarded later). Then I have opened AC11 pla file in AC 21.