Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Obtain Each value of an Array Parameter using lists or Sched

Cosminn
Contributor
Hello Guys, I need some help, regarding the list or schedule in ArchiCad. Thank you in advance and Please see attached.
Sincerely,
Daniel
9 REPLIES 9
Cosminn
Contributor
Attachment
Sincerely,
Daniel
JaredBanks
Mentor
IF I'm understanding correctly, you want to display the imagine of a Fill in a schedule. I am not aware of any way to do that. There might be some 3rd party add-on or object that can do it (like Master Script's material label: http://www.masterscript.nl/labels-and-markers/44-material-label.html), but AFAIK you'd have to fake it.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
JaredBanks
Mentor
Okay, so looking closer that's not your question. I think you are looking at the Surface Legend Object and trying to recreate that using the interactive schedule or list? I'm not sure what to suggest.

You could create a schedule of placed fills. Check out my template: http://www.shoegnome.com/template/ and look at the lighting fixture schedule. That is a schedule based on placed fills.

You could place each fill, then schedule them, listing by fill type. If you put those fills on a particular layer or gave them a special ID and had the schedule only look for that, then you could easily control the contents of the Interactive Schedule. But you still couldn't show the FIll hatch pattern. I'm not sure if that's a problem.

Unrelated to all that, the Surface Legend Object is kind of worthless. It really should be looking at Building Materials or Surfaces, which have meaning, not Fills. Huh.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
sinceV6
Advocate
Although I don't see the attachment, I think he is asking to schedule the values of an array parameter; and I don't know if that is possible. It would be great though. Given the very nature of arrays, how would AC schedule a single array that has any number of rows and columns?. If you then add another parameter to the schedule... well... it would be chaos.

What CAN be done is use the DATA or TEXT I/O add-on to write array values to a text file directly from the GDL code. That works ok.

Anyone?

Best regards.
Karl Ottenstein
It would be impossible for the element schedules to display the values stored in an array parameter - at least one-per-line - because those schedules can only display one line per element.

The List Schemes might be able to do it, but I've not looked.

The SQL query command - or linking the PLN to a Windows database such as Access via the ODBC driver can give you the option of returning all values I believe. But, not something for the typical user.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
alemanda
Advocate
I think It would be possible if all the values stored in the array are put together in a text parameter and you schedule that parameter ... Example: values are: "alpha", "beta", "gamma", etc and the text parameter would be "alpha, beta, gamma,..."
Of course this workaround needs to add some code to your object ....
Hope it helps.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Karl Ottenstein
Good workaround, alemanda.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
alemanda
Advocate
JaredBanks wrote:
IF I'm understanding correctly, you want to display the imagine of a Fill in a schedule. I am not aware of any way to do that. ...
I have a workaround for that. I did it.
It needs some scripting in the object and change the 2D representation in the schedule context using the "picture" command reading an image loaded in the library.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Cosminn
Contributor
Thanks a lot guys,

First of all, I'll let you know that my english level isn't a good one, I hope you'll understand what i wrote.

Your advices and ideas are very helpful. Yes Karl it is possible if I use the list, but only the text list format can give all the values for the array parameter, like you can see in the attached pdf files. The problem is that the tabel can be set it to display only the rows format. I'm wondering why if I use the graphical template I can't see all the values, it will be displayed only the last value(maybe the first i don't remember now, anyway it is just one.)

I can write a script to display a tabel wich will contain all the values and informations I need from the object and I can set it as 2d symbol if the GLOB_context is (list or schedule). In this way it can be scheduled, but I have to reorganize the height of the row in schedule, considering the fact that each object can have different numbers for array parameters.

Or I can follow alemanda's idea.

Also I was wondering if it's possible if I use the ARCHIQUANT add on. Is there anyone who is expert in ArchiQuant?

P.S. And yes, the object example is -Surface legend 17-.
Again thank you all.
Sincerely,
Daniel