BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

PEN SET ISSUE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I have the following issue.
I open a .dwg file into Archicad and it looks like picture no.1. Then I copy the contents into an existing Archicad file, onto a separate story, and then it looks like picture no.2. All colours are completely changed, which makes reading the plan difficult. How can I solve this?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
picture no 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you open the DWG, ArchiCAD creates a Pen Set based on the colors stored within the DWG file. This results in a Pen Set different from the default ArchiCAD Pen Set you normally see in Project files.
When you copy-paste elements from one file to another, Pens are referenced by index number which refer to different Pens in the two files, thus the change in color.
Instead of copy-pasting, try to place the DWG file into your ArchiCAD file as a Drawing.
When you do that the Drawing will store the DWG's own Pen Set independently of what Pen Set the Project File uses.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the answer.
I tried this. But is there a way in which the .dwg can stay editable? Maybe I can somehow explode the drawing after import.
Thank you.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, you can explode the Drawing.
Or you can try to Merge the DWG file if you want to edit it in ArchiCAD. But in that case it will bring its Layers, Fill Types, Line Types.
You should try both to see which is best for what you want to do.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!