Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Photoshop adjustment layers don't preserve in Archicad PDF Layout

VulpeNLG
Participant

Hi, 

I'm an architecture student trying to export my Archicad layouts to Photoshop for editing and saving the final edited copies as .pdf files. I've been saving the layouts as PDF files and I've been adding adjustments layers like Levels or Brightness/Contrast over them. The only problem is that when I try to save the edited file as a .pdf all of the adjustments layers disappear. This issue is maintaining both in CC 2018 and in CS6, so I thought it may be a problem from Archicad. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

You have to save as a PSD file (Photoshop) or a TIF (with layers). PDF doesn't maintain those layers.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

The Photoshop PDF option does support all of the layers actually.

Have you tried flattening your file before saving to PDF? Keep your layers to a PSD?

Opening a PDF from AC into CS6, adding adjustment layers and saving back out works fine for me.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Ah, I was thinking standard PDF format, but that's a good point. Is Archicad able to lay-up a Photoshop PDF with layers into a layout, or does it need to be flattened?

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System