Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Possibilities for Modeling Electrical systems in LOD 400 with Graphisoft MEP modeler.

Sudhir Thapa
Participant

Want to know more about the possibilities of modeling wires and various other electrical systems with LOD 400 using Graphisoft MEP Modeler. Please share your experience with me. (Images of projects could be much more helpful to understand the exact scenario of the comments provided). I am looking forward for discussions in this topic with the Graphisoft Community. Thank you !

1 REPLY 1

Hello Sudhir Thapa,

I write here these few words to be alerted of the next messages to come. I have dealt with around twenty BIM projects including structures, MEP and architecture, but it has never been interesting to model networks that do not have a critical collision with the structure. We do not build from the BIM model but rather from 2D documents whose consistency is conditioned by the BIM model. My modest experience leads me to believe that very detailed modeling of networks is counterproductive because it is cumbersome to process and does not result in an efficient workflow.
Do you have an example of MEP LOD 400 modeling that justifies such a goal?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin