Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Printing 3D plaster models

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had any experience with having physical models made with the printers made by zcorp which print 3D plaster models? The format that is usable are .stl, .sfx, .ply or .wrl. Can these formats be exported from Archicad? Thanks for any advice
6 REPLIES 6
eldhead
Newcomer
I dont recognise the formats but I was told to export model to 3ds. The thickness of objects is a matter for nice results.
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
stefan
Expert
STL = the default. This can be exported from AutoCAD or 3ds max/VIZ or others, but not from ArchiCAD.

You can export *.wrl files from within ArchiCAD (it's VRML), although I would export as 3ds and pass through 3ds max.

But expect cleanup work to be done before printing. And I would avoid furniture...

Check if this "cleanup" work is included in the printing prices from service bureaus.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
STL = the default. This can be exported from AutoCAD or 3ds max/VIZ or others, but not from ArchiCAD.

You can export *.wrl files from within ArchiCAD (it's VRML), although I would export as 3ds and pass through 3ds max.
Thanks for the information. Having never had to export to either 3dStudio or in VRML I am looking for advice. I noticed in the add-ons\Import-Export folder there is both 3DStudio Out.apx and VRML Out.apx. However neither of these are an option from within Archicad (3d window or plan window). I searched the manual but had little success. Thanks for any advice you can lend.
stefan
Expert
From inside the 3D window you can do "Save as...".

The *.3ds & *.wrl formats that are visible in this dialog are from these add-ons (apx-files).

To go to 3ds max/VIZ, I advice you to use *.3ds.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Kazuo Hamaji
Newcomer
I am very much interested in if anyone has succeed with 3D printing to zcorp.

Please let me know the result if you can. Thank you.
Gorazd
Booster
We have done some successfull printing with 3D printer from Z corp (It is know by the name Contex here). The model went out from archicad 10 via VRML. We had to strenghten some walls and other objects, as they became too thin when scaling them to dimensions that printer can produce, but we manage to do print the model on the picture. You can find some info also on this thread: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=53969&highlight=vrml+printer#53969

You can get STL file also from Maxonform if you have it, but STL has no info about colors.
icit9.jpg
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11