BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Properties Mapping Openings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

I have this issue.
I received an IFC with ProvisionForVoids from MEP which i hotlinked into Archicad. In the IFC translator i did a Mapping from IFC Properties to Archicad Properties. So this works perfect. The ProvisionForVoids now have the IFC Properties in the Archicad Properties.
Then i did Archicad Openings with "Opening from Selection". There is a button where you can enable "ID and Properties from Origin". I enabled this button. But, the properties didn't went from the ProvisionForVoid to the Openings. Any advises? I work with Archicad 23.

Best
Christof
2 REPLIES 2
vdentello
Advocate
AFAIK, there is no "ProvisionForVoids" inside archicad. I'd love to export ONLY the openings alone as ProvisionForVoids for structural engineers based on their IFC. This is not possible. You have to export parent element.
What you're actually doing is creating new voids from the Solids, so, i'm not quite sure.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Anonymous
Not applicable
i know. i imported the ifc as morphs. from this morphs i create the voids in archicad.

Issue solved: the problem is, when you hotlinked the ifc, then create the openings in archicad with this ifc elements, the properties cannot be mapped from ifc into archicad properties. you have to cut the hotlink!

in Ifc 4 ProvisionForVoids is implement in Archicad 24....
Learn and get certified!