Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Reinforced concrete addon

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to find some solution to make my colleague design reinforced concrete plans with ArchiCAD, but couldn't find it. I know there was one addon for this years ago, but it seems to disappear. Does anybody know anything that could help? Maybe a hint to Fabrizzio to think developing something like this?
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you mean that you are trying to create structural drawings in ArchiCAD?
Partial Structure Display is your friend but there are no other structural-specific tools in AC.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Gorazd
Booster
There used to be an hungarian addon from AC 6.5 until AC8 that was based on objects. It is not available anymore so I think, it would be a "piece of cake" for addon maker like Cigraph .
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Why not?
If you could send me more details and specification I could think about it.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Gorazd
Booster
Glad to hear that Fabrizzio. My coleague will contact you on your mail you with more info.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been thinking about implementing something like this for some time now. I would much rather see Cigraph do it though. Here are my thoughts on the subject.

- It would be great to have the ability to link these objects through the add-on to other structural software like Tekla, Nemetschek SCIA ect.. This would quickly position Archicad as a full BIM solution like Revit. Both of these programs have the ability to model structural detailing components like re-bar and bolts. IFC does not allow these to transfer.

- These objects should allow a user to define templates for connections, reinforcing layouts ect. that could be applied to archicad native objects like beams, walls and columns. These smart objects could resize to match beam widths and other dimensions.

- Some simple ACI and AISC codes could be implemented for bar bend radius ect.

I think this would be a well recieved addition to the Archicad tool set.
"ArciStructural"
alemanda
Advocate
Very interesting.
I think Archicad and GDL have all the "weapons" embedded inside themselves to beat every other BIM ...
I put my self available to develop the ideas with Cigraph ... I'm Italian and I'm very interested to this kind of addon ... We can start with the European code standards and ACI ...
Regards.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
So, alemanda,
please feel free to directly contact me.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy