BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

!Restored: ACIS Import in Archicad 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any one know how I can open an ACIS import (.sat file) into Archad 12 ?

I've had a look at teh manual but it's not clear how / where ?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am interested to know, too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got round this by dragging the *.sat file (ACIS) into Autocad and then exporting it as an IFC.

Open IFC in Archicad 12 and to be honest it looks pretty good ! Right down to the nuts and bolts. Got there in the end.
Anonymous
Not applicable
But what about say in the "01 AC 12 New Features List.pdf"?
DWG Element Conversion Improvements

ACIS Import
A new function allows you to convert AutoCAD 3D Solids, Regions and Bodies into GDL Objects. Opening or merging such objects brings up a Browse dialog box, where you choose the folder to which to save the GDL objects you will create.

Thomas Holm
Booster
it's not clear how / where ?
I don't know what, but there is definitely something going on here. As I posted here, the dwg importer now translates some 3D elements in a DWG file to 3D items in Archicad, even when you have not Opened the dwg file "as object" which was required previously to get more than a 2D plan representation of the DWG.

The key words in the Help text you refer is "Opening or merging such objects". AFAIK you cannot Merge objects, which points to that this is meant to be the regular File > Open or File > Merge [ .dwg file] commands.

To me this looks like a crippled partial first implementation of a coming feature. To bad it's not exhaustively documented.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I have not been able to dig deeper. I don't have Autocad.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!