Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

!Restored: Migrating Ac7 to Ac11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any one confronted any projects that needs to migrate from version 6 / or 7 of ARchicad to version 10 or 11 before??

The problem I have is I have no idea how to convert the old objects, old window/door builder to newer version. any idea??

so what i've done here is copy all the walls, and redo all the widows/doors & objects (such as fixtures) etc....silly way to do I guess...= . =...

1 REPLY 1
Thomas Holm
Booster
I think you'll have to open your project in AC7 and save it as an archive (.pla). This will preserve your library parts. AC7 will open back to 4.5 or something.

Then you'll have to install AC9 and open your AC7 file, and re-save it as an AC9.pla.

AC11 will open back to AC9.

NB:
If you're on the Mac, there is an AC7 version for OSX which will run on the latest Macintels. The AC11-updated Wibu key will work.

However, the installers for AC7 and AC9 will not run on the Macintels. You will want to copy a full, working installation from a PPC Mac.

Your reseller should be able to supply you with old versions when needed.

As for Window/Door builder, I don't know. Contact Cadimage.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1