BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Revit model conversion to VICO (or ArchiCAD)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Sorry for asking this question here but I didn't find any more relevant location or even forum to do so.
I had a model in Revit and I took it into VICO Constructor 2008 (with ArchiCAD 11 core) via IFC conversion tool. Then I started to have problems with objects and specifically with doors and windows in the imported model. the two major problems I've faced are:

- When I exported the model data from VICO Constructor to VICO Control, I had an error on the screen saying this: "Bad elements". In which there was a list of some doors and windows objects. Besides the error message, the data was exported anyway and I could perform scheduling on that data in VICO Control.

- The main problem happened when I wanted to publish the 5D Presenter Model from VICO Constructor. There appeared a somewhat same error message on the screening saying that there are again "Bad Elements" in the model data. This time the list included walls and columns as well as windows and doors elements on it, and the final output didn't work in VICO 5D presenter. (It misses the schedule)

Could someone please help me with that, and tell me what's the source of the problem and how I can get rid of these errors in my model? Is there any way to deal with these "Bad Elements" or track them in the model or maybe rectify them?

Thanks in advance.
(I have attached a pic of the error message)
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Please post on the Vico forums. Vico is a 100% independent company from Graphisoft and its products are covered on its own support site.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks karl for your comment, but I didn't find any major forum for VICO. Do you know of any?
Karl wrote:
Please post on the Vico forums. Vico is a 100% independent company from Graphisoft and its products are covered on its own support site.

Thanks,
Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a linkedIn group linked to here -

http://www.vicosoftware.com/Support/Forum/tabid/50852/Default.aspx

This seems to be the only one I can find on the VICO site.
Karl Ottenstein
Weird. Vico used to have their own forums on their web site. Just went to the bookmark and it is gone / dead. There was minimal participation there, which is why I stopped checking in some time ago.

Looks like the LinkedIn group is all they offer now. Seems strange to me.

That group seems more marketing and posturing than user-to-user tech support.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!