Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SQL Query Window doesn't open

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I don't know what's going on, but I can't open the SQL Query window in AC10... Any Idea?

Cheers,

Braza
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Works fine for me.

Your subject is not the same as your post: it is not that you have a query that does not work, but that you do not get the query window, right?

Just add the Query (and other commands) from the Calculate theme to your menus from the Work Environment.

A test query that will always succeed even on a blank project file is:
select * from stories
Note - no ";" at the end, as in some dialects of SQL.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the reply!
Karl wrote:
Your subject is not the same as your post: it is not that you have a query that does not work, but that you do not get the query window, right?
That's it! I put the query icon in my pallet... Click on it... and nothing happens. I saw in the AC9 manual that there is a need to change the model to recognize SQL, but I don't see any reference of it in AC10.
Any idea?
Karl Ottenstein
Braza wrote:
That's it! I put the query icon in my pallet... Click on it... and nothing happens. I saw in the AC9 manual that there is a need to change the model to recognize SQL, but I don't see any reference of it in AC10.
Any idea?
Hi Braza,

Nothing has to be done in 9 or 10 other than to add the command to the menus via the Work Environment. I haven't checked, but it is possible that the query window will only appear when you are in 2D plan view, which is where I typically use it and tested it. That's the only other idea I have to help... 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl!
I'll try to reinstall AC and see what happens.