BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

STORING RANDOM NUMBER FOR SCHEDULE

Nuge
Advocate
I have an object that generates a random number that i want to be able to schedule using interactive scheduler.

i can update the necessary parameter and the correct value shows in the object but when i use IS it will only show the default value of that parameter not the random number that i have generated.

am i missing something simple or is this not possible, Please help

Regards John
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
1 REPLY 1
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.

I don't know exactly what or how you are trying to accomplish the task, but a couple of things to check come to mind:

If you are generating a random number, you must make sure it doesn't change every time you open the settings dialog. If your object shows the correct value (in floor plan) maybe it's working ok.

Schedules will get the values that are shown in the parameters list of the object's settings dialog. Are you passing the random number to a parameter in the list using the PARAMETERS command? How are you trying to get the number in the schedule?

Best regards.
Learn and get certified!