Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule floorplan based on Zone

CarlM
Contributor
Hi,

I have an apartment building with 70 apartments and I need to place each individual floor plan on a layout for sales purposes.

Can this be done with Schedules?

I have tried based on the zone of each apartment, but I can only list Everything belonging to the zone and get the 2D preview - not the complete floor plan. Or is that just the thing - Schedules can only list each individual part and not their relation to each other?

Would Graphic Overides be my other option? Seems like a lot of manual work placing on individual layouts...

Or how do the rest of you do a similar task?

Thanks!

/Carl
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Dell Precision 7530, i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P3200, 64GB ram
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
You don't seem new to Archicad (you have been on the forum for nearly 10 years).
You place the plans on the layout just as you would for a single house plan.
Schedules are just for listing the elements that make up your model
Graphic Overrides just affect the way those elements look in the model.

You need to create a 'view' of your floor plan (for each storey) with the correct layer combination, pen set, reno filter, graphic override, etc. all set up so you see the plan exactly as you want it.
These settings are all saved with the view (in the view map).

You then place this view on the layout (you can drag and drop from the view map onto a layout page or you can use the drawing tool and then select the view you want.

If you have all the apartments in one big plan, then you can duplicate the drawing (the view you have just place) and you can crop the frame boundary to show each unit.
You keep repeating for each apartment plan.

You will need a new layout page for each apartment, unless you can fit a few on one page.
It is up to you how you set it out.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
CarlM
Contributor
Thanks Barry,

I am indeed familiar with placing plans on layouts - I was just hoping there would be a clever way that I had missed in order to automate the process, by splitting a Schedule (in this case the actual apartment floorplan) onto multiple layouts by using the zone as criteria, and in a few clicks have 70 sheets with individual floor plans on them.

Once again, thanks for clarifying.
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this type of automation would require some kind of API programming or possibly Python scripting? I think I saw somewhere a presentation by a large user who programmed this kind of thing in their office for internal use.
You may ask the developers about these possibilities. They are monitoring posts in the Developer forum. Ask them there:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewforum.php?f=23
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
CarlM
Contributor
Thank you Laszlo!

I will pursue the direction you've pointed me in, and report back if I am successful.
Thanks again!
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO