BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule of objects placed on a Layout?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So simple, there has to be a way!
I want to create a schedule based on data from objects placed on individual layouts, not in the model. (you guessed it - a revision cloud object)
But search as I may I can not find a way...
...any clues you gurus?
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm afraid the only solution I can think off is placing the object(s) in your model somewhere. As far as I know that's the only way to schedule things.

Maybe make a dedicated story for it and link views to that on your layouts instead.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also want to find objects on my layout in a schedule...
This would be so convenient. Cannot believe this is not possible.

Maybe we should add it to a ArchiCAD wishlist?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Schedules do not find objects elsewhere than
model. In addition to the layouts objects placed
in the sections, elevations, details and so on are
not found by the schedule tool.

The 'old style' calculations are more versatile, but need more studying than schedules.

This add-on can pick the revisionmarkers of the whole
model content, including layouts and saved views
Revisiomatic
Karl Ottenstein
Wilt wrote:
I also want to find objects on my layout in a schedule...
This would be so convenient. Cannot believe this is not possible.

Maybe we should add it to a ArchiCAD wishlist?
Can you give an example of an object that would be placed on a layout that would need to be scheduled? I cannot imagine where this would ever be needed.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Good to know that the AC community will respond within a five-year window...
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some examples:

1) Revision markers:
Useful for many reasons. One I quickly come up with now is so we can find them when sending out "As Built documentation and drawings". On such drawings we need to remove those arrows. By making a schedule we can quickly do a check if we removed them all.

2) Revision clouds:
See above, same reason for these objects.

3) Stamp objects:
Would be perfect to be able to edit stamp objects in a schedule instead of by opening every layout individually. This would save a lot of time in case we need to add or revise information in the layout stamp. When clicking through every layout individually you often have to wait for all drawings to update.

4) Other 2D objects:
All other 2D objects on layouts for any reason that ArchiCAD users might have (I would like to ask other users to add comment below for their particular user cases).

I understand that schedules look for objects in the model, but maybe there can be something like a "layout schedule".

----------------------------

I could also imagine a function where you could search for a 3D model object that is visible on a certain layout (a view where this object is visible is placed on that layout). Under the hood this functionality exists already because the revision tool is able to detect changes made to 3D objects and will mark the layouts (blue) in case this object is visible on that layout.
When I read this list, I can't help thinking that you've already got most of this functionality in the Change Tool and Manager, and using "Issues" effectively. The Change tools, along with using Issues, are a little daunting to get your head around, but very powerful and flexible once you understand them.
Richard
Karl Ottenstein
Wilt wrote:
3) Stamp objects:
Would be perfect to be able to edit stamp objects in a schedule instead of by opening every layout individually. This would save a lot of time in case we need to add or revise information in the layout stamp. When clicking through every layout individually you often have to wait for all drawings to update.
To clarify: does this stamp have the same content on every layout? If so, place the stamp on a Worksheet and place the Worksheet as a drawing on all of the layouts (similar thing done for title blocks). You only have a single Worksheet to edit then.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
If the content is the same on every Layout, is there an advantage to using a separate worksheet over just putting the stamp on the Master Layout?
Richard
Learn and get certified!