Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule will not export

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Im trying to export a schedule but when I click on the export button nothing happens. All the other schedules will export except this one.

Does anyone one know why this could be happening??

thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of the schedule?
Maybe from the look of it we can get some ideas of why it is not exported.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Appreciated if you could have a look and see what you think the problem might be laszlonagy!

Like I said I click on the export button and nothing happens
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Something is strange about this generated schedule.
In the Scheme Setup Dialog, I can see that fields are in order:
Element ID, Width, Height, Operation Type, Finish, Note/Remarks, View from Opening Side and To Zone.

If I look at the generated schedule, I can see that the first 3 and last 2 fields are in the column they are supposed to be.
But Column 4 is "Color" (should be Operation Type), Column 5 is Material (Should be Finish - this could also be fine).
So where is the Operation Type column? Is it gone?
Try to remove that column and see if it exports.

Or try to remove the View from Opening Side column and see if exports.

I also see that you made a common heading for the Height and Width. Maybe that is the cause. Try to remove it and see if it exports then.

Do only one of these at a time. We are just trying to pinpoint which setting is causing the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats great laszlonagy, ill try what you suggest and post if it works or not

Appreciated

UPDATE

Turns out it was the name of the schedule in the schedule settings menu. I changed the name and it exported.
Barry Kelly
strawbale wrote:
Turns out it was the name of the schedule in the schedule settings menu. I changed the name and it exported.
Good pick-up.
It was the "|" character.
As a general rule I try never to use any non-text characters other than "-" and "_" when naming something.
A few more non-text characters can be used these days than they could before but there are still some that obviously do not work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Great that you found the solution.

Still, I would be curious about the issue I wrote in my post, could you illuminate me on that?:
If I look at the generated schedule, I can see that the first 3 and last 2 fields are in the column they are supposed to be.
But Column 4 is "Color" (should be Operation Type), Column 5 is Material (Should be Finish - this could also be fine).
So where is the Operation Type column? Is it gone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well spotted. Its because I used an existing window schedule and instead of changing the operation type parameter I just filled in the field with custom text that is not related to the parameter.

Now that the export issue is solved I'm going to set it up correctly using the correct parameters.

My office template was originally a Master Template that I bought from Eric Bobrow but has changed so much that Its virtually unrecognizable as such.

The | character that was the source of the export problem is an artifact of EBs template. Although I have adopted this character for use with my layer names.
Perhaps time to reconsider...

laszlonagy, Barry, do you know of any other situations where choice of character that might pose an issue??
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I see, makes sense now.
Barry Kelly
strawbale wrote:
do you know of any other situations where choice of character that might pose an issue??
I can't say for sure now as I try to avoid using them.
But I believe it can affect saving or opening files.
Some operating systems may have trouble with filenames that have special characters in them although I think they are much better now than they used to be.
I am pretty sure in the past that when publishing files with special characters the name would be altered automatically - again not sure if this is the case now.

When ever I come across a problem opening, saving, publishing, merging, exporting, hot-linking, etc., a file then the first thing I look at is the file name and file path.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11