BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedules Spreadsheet Calculations?

Gus
Newcomer
Is there a way to edit schedules so that they can calculate sums etc. as one does in a spreadsheet program?
I have some data on the schedules that I would like to find totals of. For example I have the area of all the windows in a room presented in the schedule I am making, and what I would like to do is add a "totals" cell to that spreadsheet that will total up the window areas as I work on the design so I can maintain the same amount of light that is coming in to a room as currently exists in that room. Is there a way to edit these schedules so that they can calculate sums etc. as one does in a spreadsheet program?
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Any scheduled fields can be summed and/or grand-totaled. See the Help for selecting the summation (Greek Sigma) on the line for the scheduled parameter in the Schedule Scheme.

ArchiCAD cannot do any other / free calculations in the interactive scheduler - you'd have to export to Excel. See these old duplicate wishes on the more general calculation issue:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=33203

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=21689
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Gus
Newcomer
Awesome,
Great tip
Thank you.

Is there a way to make the communication between excel and archicad automatic? I know this is a long shot but I thought I would ask. Wishful thinking.
Madison WI
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
Karl Ottenstein
Gus wrote:
Is there a way to make the communication between excel and archicad automatic?
Not quite automatic ... but you can create a Publisher set of the schedule(s) that you want in Excel and set the publish properties to save as Excel. If a separate, master Excel sheet does the calcs by referencing this external sheet, then the results will automagically appear there when that sheet is opened, or refreshed.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Gus
Newcomer
Karl,
I think I got it.
That is pretty slick.
Better than I thought it would be.
I will give that a try.
Thank you so much for your help.
-Michael
Madison WI