BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedules to show Window Types not ArchiCAD Library Names

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to automatically have the window type i.e. Sliding Window, Awning Window etc.in my schedule when using Variable Window 19 or Window 19 instead of typing them in individually.
Can I use Description or Tag (Attribute) or even IFC and if so how?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Sounds like you are choosing whether it is awning or sliding with a parameter in the window object.
If that is the case then you can add that parameter as a filed in the schedule scheme settings.
You should see an 'ADD' button (or it may be a black triangle next to the add button) that will allow you to browse for and select and object parameter.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
sirduncan02
Participant
I'm fighting the same issue. Currently, I create the schedule then manually have to enter the Actual Type of each window into the schedule (into a 'Custom Text 1' field).

I use Favorites and templates so that helps, but it's still a pain. Certainly the window knows what type of window it is - Isn't there a parameter that I can use instead?

I know I can add a parameter but I certainly don't want to do that for every window type I might use.
Johnathan Duncan
www.CastleGateDesign.com
Working in AC 26 5002 USA FULL.
Dell 5820 Tower X-Series
Intel Core i9-10940x CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB Installed RAM
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 video card.
Learn and get certified!