Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedules with Lengths

Why is is so difficult with ArchiCAD 11 to get the length of things in to a schedule?

Is there a way to add Length to the Available Criteria in the Elements ID Manager for beams and walls?

Suppose you are making a schedule for floor joists or something has been modeled as beams. Try to get the them tabulated into a simple schedule that totals how many of them are of each length.

As I am using ArchiCAD 11 more and more for Schedules, I am finding that length is a very difficult thing to get sometimes.

I have no problem getting the schedules I want from studs modeled as walls because I just change the word height in the schedule to length.

This way I can generate cut lists....how many of each length.

I want the same sort of cut list for joists and beams too but this is difficult because Length is not an available criteria in many places where it should be.

The Element ID Manager is a good example of this.

Is there a way to fix this?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

10 REPLIES 10
Chazz
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
Doesn't Ralph Wessel have a really major wall framing package? FrameWright, I think?
I think that's primarily a timber package.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current