BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Scheduling custom windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a number of custom windows for the project I am working on. I now want to schedule all of these but I have run into a little issue.

I have oversized the wallhole to depict the rough opening (in our case the masonry opening) in plan in order to provide correct dimensions. How can I (or can I?) schedule the actual window size and not the wall hole size?

I have attached an exaggerated example.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
It shouldn't be a problem. just set your windows to read by Unit size, not rough opening.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
This works fine for windows from the default AC Library, but I have created custom windows. In this case I do not get that option under Marker Options.

Is there a way to add the oversize to the wallhole and still have the scheduler pick the unit size with custom created windows? I was unable to do so using either "Tolerance left/right" or "Left/right Opening oversize" options. Am I missing something else?
Barry Kelly
You might need to add some parameters for "ac_unit_width" and "ac_unit_height".
Make sure you set the fame width to these parameters.
Also add some hotspots in the 3D script.

I don't know if this will help with the window marker (it shoud if you usethe same one as in the AC windows).

But in the schedule you can then annotate with automatic dimensions set to "Unit size" and you should be able to get those parameters to list as well by adding them to your schedule fields.

See a related topic here.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=30408

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
You don't actuall have to use the "ac_....." parameters.
So long as you have your own parameters in the window object that show the true size of the window then you can add those parameters as additional fields in your schedules.

You only need the "ac_....." parameters and hotspots if you want to use the automatic dimensioning feature of the schedules.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry
Learn and get certified!