Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Screen sharing for client review

Graham Whipple
Enthusiast
I am looking for some feedback and insight regarding online collaboration tools.

Over the past few years I've come to appreciate several online tools that allow screen sharing with other people outside my office. I've used online tools like gotomeeting and join.me. Since AC 17 arrived and I've started a couple new projects in 17, I am discovering some challenges related to the 3d window in AC17.

In the past I've been able to share my screen live with clients or consultants, and I've been able to toggle from a 2d to 3d window and they could see whatever was showing on my screen. This isn't working in AC17 the way it has with past releases of AC. Now when I try to share my screen the other party is only able to see the main 2d plan views (and I believe section windows also). When I try to share my screen with a 3d window active, AC reverts back to the 2d window at the time sharing begins. Even if I return to the 3d window they user on the other end of the connection still only sees a 2d plan.

Does anyone else use this kind of tool in collaboration with team members outside their office? This has worked wonderfully in the past and it has become part of my regular workflow. Now that workflow is crippled. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't tried 17 with GoToMeeting yet but it works fine for me on Skype.
Graham Whipple
Enthusiast
Matthew,
thanks for the response. I was having the issues most recently with the Join.me service. I will consider using Skype as an alternative, but will continue exploring what is happening to try and pinpoint the problem. I assumed something has changed with AC since I had been using it successfully with 16.
Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
TeamViewer is another solutions you can try to share you screen over the internet.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
aahatimo
Newcomer
has anyone been able to successfully use go to meeting with v17 or do the problems graham still occur?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
17 with GoToMeeting is working good for me too.