Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Some IFC Property manager options have Red X where a Tick box should be.......See Picture

Ivan Myers
Booster
The beams in question are showing a value that I added to the property manager. Other beams in the project are scheduling this information correctly but these are not. I can change the value but the information still doesn't show up in the schedule while other beams do show the information.
Whats going on? What does the Red X mean?
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ivan wrote:
Laszlo,
Yes you are correct, forgive my lack of proper AC nomenclature. I did create these special custom IFC properties in the Beam setting Dialog of some beams. So I have to go to the Property Manager and set the desired custom property for ALL elements classified as beams......?
Ivan
Go to File>Interoperability>IFC>IFC Scheme Setup
In this Dialog, find (IfcObjectDefinition)>(IfcObject)>(IfcProduct)>(IfcElement)>(IfcBuildingElement)>IfcBeam in the left pane.
Then you can create a New Property in the middle pane. All elements that are classified as "Beam" in the "Element Classification" field of the "Categories and Properties" panel of their Setting Dialog, will have this Property. However, it will still not be visible in the Settings Dialog. For that you need to go to the element you want to use it with, click the "Manager IFC Properties" button at the bottom of the "Categories and Properties" panel of their Setting Dialog, and check the checkbox of the newly created custom IFC Property in the appearing Dialog. Then it will appear on the list of IFC Properties in the Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The situation is not entirely clear to me. You are talking about Property Manager but these are not ARCHICAD Properties you show on the image, they are IFC Properties. The red X means you can delete them. This can happen only one way: if you created these IFC Properties here in this Beam Dialog. When you create a New custom IFC Property, there is a checkbox that lets you create that IFC Property at the specified level of the IFC hierarchy, which means that the IFC Property will be available for all similar elements (for example, elements classified as IfcBeams). But in that case there is no red X, and you can delete that IFC Property only in the IFC Scheme Setup Dialog.
So you did not create any ARCHICAD Property in the Property Manager, I think you selected some Beams and created these custom IFC Properties in the Beam Settings Dialog, making these IFC Properties available only the selected Beam elements.
Maybe your scheduling problem stem from this but I would have to see screenshots about your Scheme Setup Dialog and the generated Schedule to see what is going on there.
Ivan Myers
Booster
Laszlo,
Yes you are correct, forgive my lack of proper AC nomenclature. I did create these special custom IFC properties in the Beam setting Dialog of some beams. So I have to go to the Property Manager and set the desired custom property for ALL elements classified as beams......?
Ivan
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac
felcunha
Expert
You can use Find &Select to select elements regarding to their properties, for example all beams whom ModelLabel IFC properties have no value... then you can change them all by right-click and Beam Selection Settings and all in the bottom under Classification and Properties, click on Manage IFC Properties. Check the box beside ModelLabel and change the value. It will be applied to all your selected beams !
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ivan wrote:
Laszlo,
Ivan
Go to File>Interoperability>IFC>IFC Scheme Setup
In this Dialog, find (IfcObjectDefinition)>(IfcObject)>(IfcProduct)>(IfcElement)>(IfcBuildingElement)>IfcBeam in the left pane.
Then you can create a New Property in the middle pane. All elements that are classified as "Beam" in the "Element Classification" field of the "Categories and Properties" panel of their Setting Dialog, will have this Property. However, it will still not be visible in the Settings Dialog. For that you need to go to the element you want to use it with, click the "Manager IFC Properties" button at the bottom of the "Categories and Properties" panel of their Setting Dialog, and check the checkbox of the newly created custom IFC Property in the appearing Dialog. Then it will appear on the list of IFC Properties in the Dialog.