Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Speckle and Open BIM

bouhmidage
Advisor

Hi there ! 

Archicad has been introduced as a locomotive for Open BIM and IFC workflow, i can see now a very fast raise of Speckle, for data and geometry exchange between softwares, without loss, it try to converts elements to native geometries for each software, this platform integrates almost all the popular softwares in the market, 

Revit, Sketchup and Rhino have the most focus on development, it's strange to not to see ArchiCAD in the front of the development,

Speckle may be the future for collaboration and exchange, regarding the progress they did in theese few years, who knows, 

This thread is for you to exchange, discuss about this platform and the experience of anyone used it as experimental or in a real work ! 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
27 REPLIES 27

We are slowly building support for textures but none is implemented yet. 

More than any other data point softwares handle textures in very unique ways per app. 

OK then, but can the model be some solid color if not texuture than the all black block?

Noticed as well that large coordinates seem to be ignored/ repositioned ... os this the case so far?

This should be the expected behaviour. I’ll log this as an investigation ticket to check why not. 

Not by design, there are no restrictions implicit with Speckle. If you can provide example data and what happens within Speckle, we can check it out. 

Thanks for the quick reply. How/where should and can I provide sample data?

jsdbroughton
Contributor

Ok, for now will leave the information here as I solely have screenshots at the moment.

This is an example setup where the model is located not close from the origin but also not too far away ...

JSN_0-1713699957794.png

... and while an IFC for example which is exported from the AC Origin appears to be correctly referenced in Speckle is the direct stream from the AC not ...

JSN_1-1713700103916.png

... as also this received stream in Rhino demonstrates ...

JSN_2-1713700429667.png

... but just realized it is only for this special file as a fresh test file where I only copied some elements seem to be correctly positined

JSN_3-1713700519500.png

... so is there a setting / user coordination system / ... I don't know, anything which has an impact on the location in the original file?
Thanks a lot!

Edit: Ok, probably ran into that bug?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Global-origin-incorrect/m-p/396372#M9540