Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Still cant edit items in Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, (I'm using Archicad 23)

I've googled this extensively, and read a dozen posts on this forum about how you have to unlock and un-hide all the layers that walls might be on so that the schedule becomes editable. I'm still missing a crucial piece of information.

I've created a window schedule, with a few extra Custom Text Fields. I can't edit the values in the Custom Text Fields.

I've turned all the layers on in the plan view, the schedule editing window, and the layout that the schedule is in ... to no avail. All layers are unlocked.
I've done a 'select all' (with all the layers turned on in plan view) and done 'unlock all' .... still can't edit the schedule.
The little green square and green cube (in the schedule editing window) are not greyed out. And I'm not

I'm at my wits end here ... I know I'm missing something but I can't put my finger on it. Can anyone help?
10 REPLIES 10
Kvalheim
Contributor

Just a sidenote here, that I was not aware of, is that the field "Hotlink and element ID" is not editable in schedules, whereas "Element ID" is. I came here because I could not figure out why the IDs could not be edited from the schedule, but eventually figured it out. It doesn't seem like this is the exact issue for OP, but a thing to look for is whether the field is blue or black in the Scheme settings. If the field is blue it's editable and if it's black it's uneditable. In most cases "Element ID" does the trick, but in the template I'm working with the window list schedule was set to "Hotlink and element ID". 

I really wish Archicad was a bit more informative in terms of the UI giving feedback on why certain things are locked, uneditable etc. I quite often find myself in situations where something just randomly will not work and having to test ten different settings to find the underlying cause.