BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Testing new Beta IFC 2x3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been testing the latest IFC 2x3, exporting out and then importing back in to test the basic elements (no other CAD package involved - ArchiCAD 10 to ArchiCAD 10).

Slabs, slabs with penetrations, beams, structural walls (no openings) and rectangular columns have come back in giving me an exact duplication of the original fill. This is all good, until I try this with a circular column.

This does not come back as I require - the column is now an object which is not fit for purpose - type, line weight and hatching are lost although height and location are correct.
Not good.

If I compare the scripts with a rectangular column, the only difference is at line #134:

ifc rectangular column - #134= IFCRECTANGLEPROFILEDEF(.AREA.,$,#131,500.,500.);

ifc circular column - #134= IFCCIRCLEPROFILEDEF(.AREA.,$,#131,250.);

I have tested this by replacing the line #134 in a copy and importing.

Again I get a perfect replication of the square column ArchiCAD file.

Since the code has a different identifier, the import function should no that this is a circular column.

Is this a glitch or am I wrong about the import function of the IFC to ArchiCAD 10???????????????
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!