BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Trimble Acquires Vicosoftware

Former Graphisoft VP Mark Sawyer has been at the helm of Vico Software since it was first spun away from Graphisoft. He was at the helm of Last Software when Google purchased Sketchup.

UK Construction Informatics/GPS giant bought SketchUp (earlier this year?) and this wek bought Vico.

Some very interesting strategic horsetrading here.

Props to Mark Sawyer who is proving to be one of the shrewdest people ever to have been associated with Graphisoft.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
4 REPLIES 4
They also bought out Tekla Structures last year.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems Trimble are becoming a big BIM player. They now have sketch up, tekla and Vico.

So is this now a battle between?:

-Autodesk
-Nemetschek
-Trimble
-Bentley?

Trimble has some amazing GPS tools etc, so it will be interesting to see how they tie everything together....
Anonymous
Not applicable
And for what its worth, I couldn't get archicad to make a superellipse, (I realize if I had the time it could be programed in GDL).

Whereas a bit of fiddling with Sketchup, a plug-in download, and I have my table shape, at least as a .png....soon to be converted to a SVG.

Score a point for Sketch-up!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nathan wrote:
And for what its worth, I couldn't get archicad to make a superellipse, (I realize if I had the time it could be programed in GDL).

Whereas a bit of fiddling with Sketchup, a plug-in download, and I have my table shape, at least as a .png....soon to be converted to a SVG.

Score a point for Sketch-up!
True but you have to be careful, as everything is converted as meshes, so polycounts can blow out.... but yes still very useful!
Learn and get certified!