Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Walls calculations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I am beginner in the calculations in ArchiCAD, and i want to ask you how can i calculate the surfaces of a wall where the Plaster would come. I mean i don't need the surfaces of the wall under and below the slabs. ArchiCAD calculates automatic the down, up and the side surfaces together. Is it possible to change it?The side surfaces could be needed indeed, but the i don't need other two, which are included in "Surface 3" Section of the Basic Element List.
Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
3dkad wrote:
Hi all,
I am beginner in the calculations in ArchiCAD, and i want to ask you how can i calculate the surfaces of a wall where the Plaster would come. I mean i don't need the surfaces of the wall under and below the slabs. ArchiCAD calculates automatic the down, up and the side surfaces together.
The various automatic techniques (Element Schedule, List Scheme, Element Info Palette) can provide the surface area of one face of the wall - but if that wall extends below a slab/etc there is no way for ArchiCAD to know this. You have to model the wall the wall as the visible portion - breaking the wall into multiple walls - OR you can use a complex profiled wall and define the plaster surface for just the portion of the wall height that should be plaster.

The only other way is a lot of work and programming and not for casual users, and subject to user error, and that involves defining a property object to be associated with the wall. The Property Object can then contain GDL code in which you compute whatever you want.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB