BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window Schedule Units

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a bit of an issue with the unit precision that displays in my window schedule. I am using Marvin Windows, with frame sizes of 2'-1 3/8" wide x 4'-0 3/8" high or Half-Round with 2'-1 3/8" W x 1'-0 11/16" H. I need these dimensions to show correctly in the window schedule, but it always rounds to 1/2" or 3/4" instead of the 3/8" or 11/16".

After searching through the forums, I discovered and changed the project preferences > dimensions settings to the 1/16th inch precision that I need, and that worked fine for the schedule to show correctly on the Project Map, but once placed into the Layout Book, it reverts back to the 1/2" and 3/4" rounding. Is there some other way to change the unit precision of the Layout Book independently of the Project Map that I am missing?

We tried to get the Marvin download files to use instead of the default ArchiCAD library parts, but it is a .pla file and anytime we try to open it on our Start Edition it gives us an error that "START edition cannot read this document version. (10.0)."
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
You need to redefine the view of the schedule so it has the precision settings you want.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Beautiful. I completely missed the "modify source view settings" option in the right click menu. Good thing I'm still learning...

Thanks so much.
Learn and get certified!