BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window Schedule - view from reveal side shows incorrectly

artktecture
Contributor
My window schedule includes the view from reveal side.

All windows are modeled with interior casing and stool, but only some windows are modeled with exterior casing and sill. All windows are placed with the reveal side to the reference line (exterior) side of the wall.

The windows with exterior casing show up correctly in the schedule but the windows without exterior casing do not appear as they do on the elevations. I think the schedule view is showing the interior casing and stool as seen from the exterior??? I've tried setting the rough opening to be the same as the nominal unit size but it didn't change the view on the schedule at all.

I want the schedule view of W02 and W03 to be the same as the elevation view. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

(Sorry, not sure why my screen shots included my 2nd monitor)
artKtecture uses Archicad 24/Twinmotion
Lenovo Thinkpad | Xeon E2176M@2.70 GHz | 32GB | Quadro P4200 8GB
Oculus Rift S VR tours
Contour Rollermouse Red Plus (ditch your mouse and get one of these!)
Using a highly modified Shoegnome template (Thanks Shoegnome!)
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
artktecture wrote:
The windows with exterior casing show up correctly in the schedule but the windows without exterior casing do not appear as they do on the elevations. I think the schedule view is showing the interior casing and stool as seen from the exterior???

I think you are correct in your assumption.
The thing is the schedules does not include the wall, so there is nothing to hide the the internal trim in the elevation view - the schedule shows the entire window frame and internal and external trims.
When you have an external trim it will probably be big enough to hide the internal trim.

Add a 3D view to the schedule and you will see what will be included.

The only solution I can think of is to 'Annotate' the view and use white solid fills to hide what you don't want to see.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
artktecture
Contributor
It would be nice if you could set the view depth on the schedule views the same way you could set the view depth on a section. Have the view only show as far as the opposite side of the window frame and not the trim beyond it.

Anyway, I only have one client who insists on a door/window schedule so for their jobs I guess I can annotate the view with fills. Kind of defeats the purpose of automation though...
artKtecture uses Archicad 24/Twinmotion
Lenovo Thinkpad | Xeon E2176M@2.70 GHz | 32GB | Quadro P4200 8GB
Oculus Rift S VR tours
Contour Rollermouse Red Plus (ditch your mouse and get one of these!)
Using a highly modified Shoegnome template (Thanks Shoegnome!)
Learn and get certified!