Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window+door schemes with walls in 2D symbol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I am facing a problem when trying to generate door schedule with wall in 2D symbol. Is there any option to add a penetrated wall on a certain distance on each side of the frame? I guess that is pretty useful feature which i cannot find.

Also regarding 2D views-i cannot make them in lines only. How is it possible to hide background fills from 2D views?

Thank you for your help!
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Which version are you using? The answer could depend on your version. You might want to enter these data into your Signature.

So, I suppose you are talking about the automatically generated 2D Previews of Doors/Windows in Schedule Cells. The answer is No, enclosing Walls cannot be generated as part of these preview, you will have to open the given Schedule Cell by clicking the Annotate button in its top left corner, and draw the Wall 2D using Lines and Fills.

Prior to AC20, the Background of Fills are controlled by Model View Options (set Fill Override for Cover Fills to "No Fill" or Override Fill Background Colors to "Transparent Background") or from AC20 Fills in Schedule Cells can be hidden by defining and applying Graphic Overrides.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your replay laszlonagy. Overrides did the job.

That is exactly what i had in mind. A complete list of doors and windows schemes with wall closures and reveal are sometimes a must in project documentation. I don't know how often others needs it as well, but we do it on a regular bases. Working on it manually takes quite some time and i was sure Archicad has automated it by now. I guess it would be a great feature to include that function in upcoming versions.

Would anybody else found it useful as well? What do you guys think of that?

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!