Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Zone List

ananas
Advocate

Hello

I am trying to adjust a list someone else created and I am wondering where he/she found "DIN Berechnete Fläche" (DIN calculated area). When i type it in search tab it is not shown ....

Anyone knows? 🙂
Thank you!

1 - DIN.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
ananas
Advocate

Hi Laszlo, thank you for all this recommendations on how to build the wall:) It would make sense, but requieres some work, which I would like to avoid. I also like to keep the wall as a wall element as a whole. May I ask btw, why do Curtain Walls and Railings not extract from the Wall? It doesn´t work even if they are built of material, which have higher priority? I am asking because the railing would make the most sense to me, because it is easeier to change then individual colums.

So about the wall with columes, that looks like this

12.jpg

I still prefer the idea , where I simply define with the formula on lists how much % should be calculated as wood and how much % as insulation. We don´t need to draw so detailled in the plas, but only seperatly as a detail and that is much faster.

I will learn more about Property manager formulas and try to figure it out 🙂

Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

If you use a composite wall then using expression based properties to sub-divide a single skin volume in a 1:9 ratio might not be possible, or, better said, not easy, as properties are based on an element level, which in your case is the whole composite wall. 

While you can extract each skin data in schedules, this is sadly not possible with properties.

Re: Property Manager - available parameters - Comp... - Graphisoft Community

Calculation of Skin/Component Area | User Guide Page | Graphisoft Help Center

I think you'll have to follow @Laszlo Nagy  advice and model this studs to get the desired result within Archicad. Or export the wall skin schedule to excell and divide the insulation volume with a formula into two separate materials.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Thank you Miha and Laszlo for your explanation! Now I am convienced and will model the wall with colums 🙂

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The reason Curtain Walls and Railings do not subtract themselves automatically from Walls is that Priority-based Connections are not implemented for them, that feature works automatically only for the intersection of certain element types, likes Walls and Columns, or Walls and Slabs:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm#t=_AC26_Help%2F040_ElementsVB%2F040_ElementsVB-270.h...

So, in such a case you would have to perform Solid Element Operations to subtract the geometry of the Curtain Wall or Railing from the Wall.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27