BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Zone List

ananas
Advocate

Hello

I am trying to adjust a list someone else created and I am wondering where he/she found "DIN Berechnete Fläche" (DIN calculated area). When i type it in search tab it is not shown ....

Anyone knows? 🙂
Thank you!

1 - DIN.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

I think the GER Archicad localization has an additional addon for "Berechnungsflaechen" available.

Check if you have a missing addon in your Options > Add-On manager.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

If you use a composite wall then using expression based properties to sub-divide a single skin volume in a 1:9 ratio might not be possible, or, better said, not easy, as properties are based on an element level, which in your case is the whole composite wall. 

While you can extract each skin data in schedules, this is sadly not possible with properties.

Re: Property Manager - available parameters - Comp... - Graphisoft Community

Calculation of Skin/Component Area | User Guide Page | Graphisoft Help Center

I think you'll have to follow @Laszlo Nagy  advice and model this studs to get the desired result within Archicad. Or export the wall skin schedule to excell and divide the insulation volume with a formula into two separate materials.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

I think the GER Archicad localization has an additional addon for "Berechnungsflaechen" available.

Check if you have a missing addon in your Options > Add-On manager.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

You are right! There are actually more categories in the Lirary element manager, if we click here:

bibliotek.jpg

and there there was  udner the object Zones, the criteria hidden I was looking for. It is some special add on for German template as you said.. 

Thank you! 🙂

Do you maybe also know how to show on the list reduced Zone Volume? I can see the reduced area, but the volume stay calculated 100%, even though i reduce them for 75%.

I would like to use the reduced are in the volume calculation and then show it on the list. Is that possible? 🙂

reduced.jpg

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

So you would like to have a Schedule Field that displays the volume of your Zone after being reduced by 75% so instead of the 13.01 m3 displayed in your screenshot it displays 3.25 m3?

For that you can create a Property for Zones and use an Expression to multiply the Zone Volume parameters with 0.25. Then you can use that Property in your Schedule as a field.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you Laszlo!

Do you maybe also know if it would be possible to set one material to be count as 2 different materials?

For example 10% wood and 90% insulation? 🙂

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Could your describe the exact scenario in more detail, possibly with a screenshot? Also, what would be the exact end result you want to get? One or several Properties you can list in a schedule?

Hi, 

so, I have a material that is built out of wooden stands and the insulation in between:

1.png

but in Archicad I simply use one material for it, just the insulation:

2.png

The wall consists of more layers, but we onyl consider one material here (the insulation in the middle).

I would like to make a list of materials, where this insulation is listed 10% as wood (these wooden stands) and 90% as insulation.

I believe somehow this could be achieved with material properties? 🙂

Thank you for helping me!

or it might be easier, I simply make this wood stands in the wall? But then I would have to change a wall into a profile, right?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

How about modeling those Wood stands?

You could model them using

1. individual Columns (in which case they would even subtract themselves automatically from the Wall if the Columns have a Building Material with a higher Intersection Priority Number than that of the insulation),

2. or as Frames of a Curtain Wall (you can define a Curtain Wall Pattern for it),

3. or even as Railing Posts (the Railing can be associated to the Wall).

In the cases of Curtain Wall and Railing, you would have to use SEO to subtract them from the Wall so you get correct insulation Volumes (if that is important).

Of course, modeling them may not be what you want for other reasons.

Learn and get certified!