BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

alternative to Cadimage for wall cladding ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've installed cadimage, and for the most part, the wall accessories tool works. For some reason it won't apply cladding to all of the walls. Then I keep getting error messages which is quite frustrating, when viewing in 3D. Is there an alternative plug-in to cadimage for claddings ? I've heard of archifacade but that uses .gsm or .gdl and I'm no good at that, but plug-ins are a better option for me .

Thank You
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The simplest approach is to use profiled walls for the cladding. You can either do the complete assembly as a profile or apply the cladding as a separate wall to the face of the cavity wall.

The main problem with the profiles for cladding is that you either have to make different ones for each height needed or make one too tall and use SEOs to trim them. This si assuming the cladding is horizontal. For vertical cladding you can just apply little column for board and batten and the like.

The other problem is if you apply the cladding as separate elements you have to punch holes in them for the doors and windows. It can get rather fussy.

The advantages to this approach is you have detailed control over all the bits and you will learn a lot about both ArchiCAD basic tools and construction methods.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
if you want help with the tools, you can log a support ticket on our site here:
http://www.cadimagetools.com/resources/support.aspx
note: you'll need to sign up for a free account to use the support ticket system
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Learn and get certified!