Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

archicad project location / autocad WCS / reference

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I need help with placing of my project.

What I need?

When I export my data from AC, then the location and rotation of my project/house/etc. I need to match those in autocad as WCS (my subcontractors data or land-registry-maps are in WCS).

In other words I start my AC project in zero. I want it to keep that way and reference it to the north/zero, same as revit works with Survey Point.

Thanks for the help
1 REPLY 1
Hello se77e,

All 3d software has a spatial limit which is around 80km for Archicad. It is then necessary to draw close to the absolute origin of the working file.
To have a DWG with the project-specific reference system, all you have to do is compile your DWG from archicad in a worksheet in which you have previously discarded the reference DWG (far from the origin). Once your DWG is repositioned, just re-publish your DWG from the worksheet.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin