Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

dimensions + extra text in Interactive Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
g'day archiCAD talkers,

i was wondering if anyone had some advice regarding adding graphic dimensions, text labels, additional notes etc. to interactive schedules;

when i last experimented IS for window/door schedules (i think it was ver9 9), there was the option of placing the schedule onto a 2d (plan) drawing, onto which custom additional graphics/dimension strings, hatching (fills), notes etc. could be added to the plan and elevation views. saving as a view then allowed placement of schedule + added 2d content onto layouts.

i eventually didn't continue using this method as i found the output options fairly limiting and difficult to consistently get the schedule to look right on the drawing (*see rant below...)

with v10, and now 11, i've been pleased with the general improvement and ease of use of the IS and am trying to use it, however i've noted that the option to save to a 2d window as an intermediate step doesn't seem to be there. can anyone shed some light? placing 2d elements directly into layout is one option (although not for dimension strings which are not available ) and i'm not keen to do this, especially in the current situation where there are several building files being hotlinked to a main site/project file which contains the layout sheets (i would be happier to keep each buildings information within own files and only import views).

any advice on this would be appreciated.

rob

* is it unreasonable to expect independently adjustable column widths in IS (ala Excel) ? say you have 6 doors in your project - 5x900mm wide swing doors and a 4.5m wide sliding door - the current options seem to be to set column widths to suit widest door and accept all the wasted space of having smaller doors shown in matching width column, or select a compromise column width and have larger door shown to fit and not to scale (although i think this doesn't occur with v11 and the 2d/3d symbol overlaps adjacent cells). surely it would not be too difficult to make each column independently adjustable.
2 REPLIES 2
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
i was wondering if anyone had some advice regarding adding graphic dimensions, text labels, additional notes etc. to interactive schedules;
unfortunately, this is not possible...you would like to use it for lets say a drawn d/w schedule wouldn't you? That's what I was kind of hopping for with the introduction of IS tool some time ago... However, I can assure you that the need for this feature was thoroughly explained to GS in Hungary and I think they understood... not sure about the implementation date/AC version though...
when i last experimented IS for window/door schedules (i think it was ver9 9), there was the option of placing the schedule onto a 2d (plan) drawing, onto which custom additional graphics/dimension strings, hatching (fills)
AFAIK this is not possible anymore...

Assuming you are after a the drawn d/w schedule, the options are:
1. purchase and use D/W Builder from Kiwiland
2. or an alternative - save your elevations as extra views in navigator (turn off all irrelevant layers) and dimension all openings there. It requires a bit fiddling on layouts (to assemble and line them up) but at least you are able to see the context of a particular opening + if you used labels on plan for them you can get label ids in elevations automatically as well.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply rob,

you are exactly right about wanting drawn schedules...that is what i thought IS was supposed to be for - there are some things you just have to add as 2d elements!!!

i'll have a look at the D/W Builder...i have used it briefly in the past - i found the user interface a bit overly complex to use, but appreciated being able to use only two library parts for all doors and windows. i never got around to doing schedules with it but looking at manual on there website it looks like it would have all the flexibility i would require.

does anyone have any experience with using DW Builder (particularly current version) that they could relay - functionality/ease of use/general comments? are there any similar add-on products that you could recommend?

regards,

rob