BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

dxf-dwg translation setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I convert Plot Maker File to DWG and get plot style table CTB instead of STB.

I am confident that has to with Translation file. I have tried everything but I guess I am not seeing it.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone
Maybe I was not clear with my question.
Please let me know

Thank you
TomWaltz
Participant
dmoraca wrote:
How can I convert Plot Maker File to DWG and get plot style table CTB instead of STB.

I am confident that has to with Translation file. I have tried everything but I guess I am not seeing it.

Thanks
It's not an option in the Archicad translator.

The only way I know if is to create a DWG template (with AutoCAD) that has a CTB pen table assigned and use that template in your translation.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
DWG template (with AutoCAD) that has a CTB pen table assigned and use that template in your translation.
This will work in creating a DWG that is set to take CTB as opposed to STB however because AutoCAD does not save CTB within DWG files, and AC doesn't create a CTB file for you. the only way I found is that I had to go in AutoCAD to create a new CTB and then I would email that to our consultant along with the DWG files. (I only needed to create the CTB once since I am using the same line weights for all sheets and all projects.
Learn and get certified!