Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

how to change the size of the object in my 3dm file in archicad

maeyrauhl
Contributor

hello,

i have been trying for hours to change the size of my .3dm file that i converted from rhino into archicad.

whatever i tried it doesnt change anything about the size.

i am also struggling to tilt the object in archicad

i appreciate anything that could help me solve these problems.

thank you very much!

6 REPLIES 6
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi,

This has to be done in Rhino and not in Archicad. You should set the units in Rhino to "Meter" (the default units in Archicad) in the Rhino Optons > Units menu. You can choose then if the elements should be 3D scaled with this command. Measure afterwards to be sure that the size is correct. Save and import again.

The elements come in as objects and could be rotated only in horizontal plane. Tilt in Archicad requieres converting to Morph. It is also better to do that in Rhino before.

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura
maeyrauhl
Contributor

is there really nothing i can do in archicad without downloading rhino? and if not i just have do download rhino, change the size and tilt it and than export it back to archicad?

thank you for your help!!

Hi,

Trust me. It's a lot easier to manage this in Rhino. You can download a free Trial version with full functionality (I think that it is usable for 90 days).

AC16 -> AC aktuell
maeyrauhl
Contributor

helloo, thank you so much!!! do you maybe know how i can tilt the object in rhino? 

Hi,

Use the "Rotate" command. Select the object and define the rotation in the corresponding view (the axis you want to rotate the object to).

Rotade.png

AC16 -> AC aktuell
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

After you import a Rhino file into Archicad, you can select it and convert it to Morph. Then you will be able to easily manipulate the Morph geometry: you will be able to both resize it in all direction and rotate it as well.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27