Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ifc export mapping & SEO interaction

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently been exploring IFC export in order to work with consulting engineers. Having used Archicad for several years now I often find it is easier to model elements using something other than the logical default design tool. I don't think this is an uncommon kind of workaround due to the great flexibility of the parameters within the basic tools.

My first question/problem/challenge at the moment involves potential mapping of an element to another IFC layer.

Specifically I have used a basic shape from the library to smoothly model a large dome roof. During IFC export this roof element is assigned to a "IFCBuildingElementProxy" layer. Is there any way to designate that this object should export out to the IFCRoof layer?

Next question
It seems that elements that have been been targets of SEO don't export out with changes achieved through the SEO process. Using the same example I have have then trimmed the tops of walls that have extended above the curved dome roof. When I save as an IFC file the walls appear truncated straight across the top at the top of the Story below where the dome roof begins. Any ideas/experience with IFC translation related to SEO.

I've explored several options, but as indicated I am very new to IFC. I welcome feedback and suggestions from anyone that might suggest a direct solution or workaround.

Thanks
Graham
0 REPLIES 0