Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

importing without getting the layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the correct way to import or copy and paste from a CAD file inro archicad without getting the layers

It seems to happen no matter what I do checking the boxes etc.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Place it as a drawing. The layers will not be added but you can still control them in the settings dialog for the drawing. This can actually be a big advantage in some cases because the drawing's layer settings are unaffected by layer combinations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What if I want to be able to modify it like for instance I get a shop drawing from a window company and I want to draw a trim detail around theirs
Anonymous
Not applicable
The lines etc are all still detectable/snapable so drawing over the top should be no problem. The only limitation off the top of my head is that the magic wand doesn't work (it finds the boundary of the drawing).

Edit: If you need to actually modify the drawing itself you should probably open it in a separate session of ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to modify what I am importing with the archicad tools not just draw over the original drawing

it going to be tough to edit the drawing separately i need to see everything new while i am doing it
Anonymous
Not applicable
what is all this business with the little boxes with the layer names to check or uncheck when you cut and paste things anyway.

Is this working as intended?