BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

interactive window schedule?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you change the size of a window from the schedule. It seems that these schedule are only editable if you go into the Calculate- Interactive Schedule- Preview. then hitting the update button. It also seems that the only editable fields are ones that don't effect the model.

I would like to be able to place the schedule on the floor plan and be able to update window sizes etc. from the schedule and have the schedule updated as I add windows to the model. "interactively"

Is this possible?
6 REPLIES 6
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
If I understand the posts so far on AC10 I think this will be possible in the new release but is not now in AC9. I don't know this for sure as I am kind of reading between the lines and was not a beta tester. Perhaps someone else can elaborate on this a little without contravening their secrecy agreement.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
TomWaltz
Participant
Mo wrote:
Can you change the size of a window from the schedule. It seems that these schedule are only editable if you go into the Calculate- Interactive Schedule- Preview. then hitting the update button. It also seems that the only editable fields are ones that don't effect the model.

Yes, you can. Usually a gray field represents an element that is on a layer that is either off or locked. It can also represent something that is not part of that element, like the "From" or "To" fields of a door.
I would like to be able to place the schedule on the floor plan and be able to update window sizes etc. from the schedule and have the schedule updated as I add windows to the model. "interactively"
In Archicad 9, that's not possible. I cannot say about AC10.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can have your schedule "update" but the process is a bit awkward and perhaps you already know this method. Select the schedule that you have placed on the floor plan and from the calculate menu choose interactive schedule/ preview. This "opens" the selected schedule and you can choose to update the placed schedule. It certainly is far from automatic. You of course can edit the windows and doors in the project from this interactive schedule as well and chose to "apply" those changes to the project and "update" the schedule on the plans.
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
Mo wrote:

Yes, you can. Usually a gray field represents an element that is on a layer that is either off or locked. It can also represent something that is not part of that element, like the "From" or "To" fields of a door.
If you have similar windows aggregated (e.g., a single row for all 3x3 windows), then the entry may not necessarily be gray, and yet it may not necessarily be editable. This can happen if the row includes windows that do not have parameters that exactly match.

I always suggest that people have at least two groups of schedules - those intended for placement and those intended for editing. The editing versions can display additional fields (such as lib part name) to assist in determining what's going on and to properly group and assign ID's for the placeable schedule. Further, there are lots of things that one never actually schedules ... but for which an I.S. 'view' provides a perfect method for viewing and editing.
In Archicad 9, that's not possible. I cannot say about AC10.
We seem to be able to talk about 10 now, Tom, although no screenshots allowed yet. So:

Schedules in 10 can be automatically updated, like any other drawing placed on a layout. There is no need any longer to place schedules on floor plans and go through the somewhat awkward update process of earlier versions. The workflow is much improved.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone. Karl, I think grouping windows with slightly different attributes but the same ID is possibly why I have not been able to update sizes from the schedule.

Also if this were streamlined and truly interactive in both direction in version 10 I would be interested in updating.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sidenote: in 9, it is really easy to change window sizes from the schedule, but you can't use the default WxH field, you need to modify the schedule so that it has a seperate W and H fields, then those fields are fully interactive
Learn and get certified!